Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008, Welcome 2009!

Happy New Year's Eve! As I sit here thinking about what to blog about, I began reflecting on the past year.

Sean put in a full year at Main Gate, Inc. I am so thankful he has a job that he seems to enjoy and has not near as much travel as he did with his previous position. It's so nice to know he's home most every evening...which means I have to cook more, but even though I complain about cooking, I don't mind it! (As long as he doesn't complain about what comes to the table...except for those mystery meat pork chops that were just NASTY!)

Caeleigh has made a great transition from 1st to 2nd grade and even handled the transition to a new school this year. We started her at St. Malachy Catholic school (same church I belong to) this year. She seems to really enjoy it....uniform and all!

Caeleigh also mastered swimming underwater!! Her strokes still need some help, but she'll go under and swim the width of my pal, Angie's, pool! Caeleigh also played her first organized team sport...softball. She was a little timid, but earned Most Improved Player award from her coaches. That made Daddy beam!! She continued to do dance lessons and basic gymnastic lessons. She keeps me busy! I just can't believe how much she has grown up! She's about 4 feet tall and wears a size 7/8. Not just grown physically, but mentally as well. She's turned into quite a reader and loves to draw. For Christmas she got tons of drawing/sketching stuff and some fashion designer pads (she loves to design clothes!!) I wanted to post some Christmas pics, but am having some trouble downloading from my camera (grrr!) So stay tuned for those!

And, of course, expecting our second child was a surprise! That is something to look forward to in the next few months. Speaking of un-named baby girl Reaves, I had another check-up on Monday. I am 26 weeks along (will be 27 tomorrow!) and had a great appt. My blood pressure was 120/76; baby's heartrate was 156; and did the glucose tolerance test...icky! The nurse practitioner said "No news is Good News!"....so I am assuming I passed and have not developed gestational diabetes. I've gained 13 pounds....which shocks me....I think with Caeleigh by this point I had gained a good 20-25 pounds! I also had to have my Rho Gam shot (because my blood type is negative, and Sean is positive....so could have clotting difficulties after baby is born without the shot...it was a breeze with Caeleigh!) So I go back in two weeks and will continue two week appts through February. The beginning of March, I will start to go weekly.

Good wishes on 2009 to all my readers....Sean and I may go get a bite to eat or get some take-out. I rented movies, we plan to stay in and relax. Caeleigh gets to go to a hotel with Grandma Shirley and Grandma Bonnie...she is very excited about that! Stay safe tonight!

Sarah

No comments: