Saturday, January 31, 2009

30 weeks

Sorry to be slacking on the blog updates. It's been a crazy week!! Monday I had my 30 week check-up with my OB...actually it was one of her partners...mine was probably on some tropical vacation somewhere! But I really liked Dr. Hillaker. She is young, petite, and took a lot of time with me. I was afraid since I wasn't one of her normal patients, she might make is a super short appt. Anyhow, the appointment went well. I've gained just under 15 lbs; my blood pressure was 120/76; baby's heartrate was 156; and everything else was normal.

On another note, I had to scoot my car seat back a little more. The belly is not in the way for driving, but getting down and in that little thing is getting to be more and more of an acrobatic feat. (I drive a Pontiac G6.) I'm carrying this little booger so high, and it is just difficult to bend over to get into the car...I'm sure it's quite comical for the passer-byer who watches me attempt to get in/out of the car.

Weather-wise this week , we got 12 inches of snow Wednesday. Needless to say we had a snow-day and school was cancelled for Caeleigh and me. I've not seen snow this deep in quite a while! We are blessed to have such good neighbors who own a snow-blower and he came over to snow-blow the driveway and sidewalks later Wednesday afternoon. THANK YOU JAMIE!!! Because our town is FULL of newly built subdivisions, we had 2 hour delay starts to school on Thursday and Friday so the buses could get through these neighborhoods....many streets were not plowed. Also many students would be walking to bus stops in streets b/c the sidewalks are not shoveled. So it's been a pretty crazy week. I could get used to waiting until 9:30 to go to school each day!

On a totally different note, I started a second blog for my colleagues at work. As you may know I work with children on the Autism spectrum. My new blog is
Social Skills Lessons. I work with one of our special needs teachers to record her social skills lessons that she does with our kids and write about them and post them to the blog. I also plan to upload some of my lessons that I do with a different special education teacher and our social language/social thinking group. It is a work in progress. I will probably do a lot more uploading of lessons/tips/strategies, etc. while I am on maternity leave and over my summer vacation. I'm pretty swamped at work right now getting everything done before I have this baby! The website is http://www.socialskillslesson.blogspot.com/ or you can follow the link above as well!

Well, heading out to my cousin's FIRST birthday party! I may be looking forward more to cake than the noise! :) Have a great week!

XOXO,
Sarah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah,

WOW!!! The kids down here would be jealous with the snow day and two hour delays. I didn't realize that Indianapolis saw that much snow! We haven't seen one yet here. (They are all complaining, but our next winter break is the week of President's day. No school for a week!) School closes here if we see any ice or snow. It's pretty funny! We've just had exceptionally cold temperatures. The last two days our low was 13-15 degrees. It has gotten down to 9 degrees with a wind chill of 1. Who says it can't get cold in Georgia?

I'll have to check out your new social skills blog. I'll bet you have some great ideas.

Keeping you and your little one in my prayers,

Katherine Brown