Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pregnancy Clumsiness

Enough has finally happened, I think I have enough to blog on now.

I guess I only remember one bout of clumsiness when I was pregnant with Caeleigh. It involved trying to shave in a shower stall (we have a separate garden tub and shower), losing my balance, and falling towards the shower door onto the floor. I was pretty bruised, but no cuts. Thank goodness, considering I was holding a razor. I vaguely remember lots of shaving cream on the rug too! I can't remember how far along I was, but I think I was at least 24 weeks along. I just remember giving up shaving the legs after that! Or maybe my mom or someone bought me a lady's electric....too long ago to remember!

So my bouts of clumsiness have started a lot sooner this time. The first started at about 12 weeks. I was driving home from a doctor appt. and decided to pick up some lunch from a restaurant to take back to the office. As I was carrying the sack and LARGE lemonade out to the car...I guess I missed the curb and fell flat on my front. Somehow I threw the sack of food forward and did not land on it. But I obliberated the large foam cup of lemonade as I landed right on top of it. It was hot out and lemonade is sticky, so it is fair to say I was one HOT MESS! I still have a scar on my knee from where I scraped the crap out of it. I also got a NASTY bruise on my arm from hitting a car's side-view mirror. I wish now I had a picture to post.

So remembering how I fell out of the shower (we still live in the same house) with pregnancy number one....I've been anticipating a fall from there....but so far so good! But, don't worry.... the clumsiness factor has increased!

My hands have lost their grip. Even though I can still see the ridges in the skin on my fingertips, one of my vitamins or the progesterone must be making them not do their job and help me grip things. About two weeks ago I was putting away groceries and as I put the largest bottle of A-1 sauce I could find at the store into the pantry...it slipped and landed on the wood floor. LUCKILY, only the plastic cap cracked and there was just a tiny mess to clean up.

I am even more convinced the fingers are extra slippery because on Friday night I was getting a jar of marinara out of the pantry and as I turned around to walk to the counter, it just looked like I pitched it forward and it shattered ALL OVER the kitchen. Sean summed it up well...the kitchen looked like a scene from CSI with splatter on the floor, upper & lower cabinets, the stove, the range hood, under the range hood, the wall, the counter tops, and even my jeans. I just couldn't help but cry!! Sean was such a good help and cleaned 90% of the mess up. He could definitely tell I was stressed. He had cereal for dinner and Caeleigh & I ate PB & J. No "super easy chicken manicotti" for us.....like the name of the recipe should've predicted it for me! The kicker is earlier that day (with -13 degree temps) I did a load of laundry and later Caeleigh went to get her boots out of the laundry room and came in and said "Mommy, my boots are sopping wet!" Went in there and the floor was covered in water. I cleaned that mess up. When Sean came home we had a plumber (hubby of a friend...so no service charge, thank goodness) come out. He figured out that the drain pipe was probably frozen in the morning and when it was time to drain the dirty water, there was no where for the water to go, except all over the floor! Ce la vie!

I still haven't given up shaving my legs yet....I am very careful as to not fall out of the shower! Also I'm surprised with all the icy, snowy, cold weather we've had I haven't fallen yet. Don't worry...I anticipate it happening! I do think it's funny my cousin told me not to name this little girl Grace!

Have a great week! It's my off week for a doctor appt. So nothing new to update there!

XOXO,
Sarah

No comments: